Technical Writing Samples
Below are just a few examples of informative documents I have written. If you are interested in additional samples, please contact me.
- Docent Program Handbook for a Museum
- Museum Education Program Outline
- Brief Oral History Interview FAQ Handout
Creative Writing & Essays
My interests are varied, but most of my writing centers on gender, pop culture history, race, and religion. Below is a brief listing of pieces that are close to my heart. Informal history-themed posts can be found at www.lynnfieldhistorical.com/blog. If you are interested in having me write for your site or project, contact me here.
- The Four Corners: “Review of Mildred Taylor’s Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.“ (October 2021)
- Atmos Magazine: “From Dust to Dust: Climate Change and Cemeteries” (November 2020)
- Women v. Religion: The Case Against Faith…and for Freedom, edited by Dr. Karen Garst: “Black Women & Christianity in the United States: A Historical Perspective, Part I (Colonial Era to Jim Crow) (June 2018)
- Vox Magazine: “The Fraught Gender and Racial Politics of the Royal Wedding, Explained” (May 2018; quoted in piece by Anna North)
- Allure Magazine: “What Meghan Markle’s Engagement Says About Black Royalty” (November 2017)
- The Inquiry: “So Says the Beautiful Spirit: Ethel Tyler and the Black Spiritualist Church in St. Louis.” (Washington University, 2008)
** ** **
Note: I am (slowly) migrating my writing to Substack. Follow me there at vcwade.substack.com for updates.